Yesterday I went for a run, winding my way through patches of warm and cold air, through the sludge of melting snow and muddy sidewalk, as the sky was dappled different shades of grey and white. I thought to myself, this air smells so good.
I'm thankful for the smells of things that make memories in our hearts - baking bread, English wind, just-made guacamole, clothes hot from the dryer, air before rain, roses, peonies, chlorine in your hair from swimming, ocean.
The discipline is the ache of praise:
6. Thank You for Letters to a Young Poet in my broken sounded out Italian
7. Thank You for cappuccino in Caffé di Siena
8. for the smell of rain and spring air
9. for the cup of good strong tea
10. for the time to sit at the messy kitchen table and talk about parents and children and life with Mom & Dad.